Wednesday, March 14, 2007
cities of refuge
I was reading in the old testament about how when the israelites were crossing the jordan river God had commanded them to set up citeis of refuge where those that had caused death by accident could go and find safety from the people that were seeking to put them to death. As I was reading this I felt like God is beginning to set up cities of refuge in Southern Illinios. These cities are place where those that have unknowingly caused spiritual death can come and find safety and not condemnation as they are atempting to seek life in Jesus. God is commanding us to take our place as cities of refuge and we should be crying out for the "refugees" to come in. We need to create a safe haven for them to come and pursue new life. The only way to combat darknes is to bring light in the same way the only way to combat death is to show what true life is all about. Be cities of refuge, be cities of life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's good Marissa. Very good! I agree. God show us more what this means.
Post a Comment