Saturday, March 10, 2007

dream

A dream I had between snoozes on march 9.

It was the sacred assembly gathering and I had forgotten my guitars. It was dark out and on our way to Jacobs Well. Arriving at Lancaster I called our worship leader hoping that she had grabbed them for me. As I dialed I heard voices over the phone, it was aready connected, it was our worship leader and someone else praying or speaking the Word. She told me she had grabbed my stuff and we finished our conversation, as I was entering Jacobs Well, but it was much different. The sanctuary looked more like a stadium seating close to five thousand. The stage movable, it was on the wrong side (in the dream I had pictured the prayer sanctuary at CCCC when I thought this). I asked the pastor about the stage and he just looked at me blankly and went back to his papers he was going through. The stadium was partially filled, amidst the crowd I saw a man I knew, a missionary to China, h was at the front talking with several people. I walked around towards the back of the building and ran into several musicians, they asked me if I wanted to watch them record. I said yes and followed them around through some openings to still a further back part of the complex where there was a massive amount of electronics hooked up. Macs, mixers, amps ect... A woman was editing a moving on a Mac- it looked like 'One night with the King'. The musicians went in and I wandered off back to the front, where I ran into the missionary to China we hugged and talked for a moment and then some guy started speaking over the microphone. The missionary asked if that was who was going to preach in an unapproving tone. The speaker seemed out of his setting, a back-woods type character . We parted and I walked across the sanctuary-back towards the entrance- to find a seat. Before sitting I looked back over my shoulder towards the pulpit and saw the missionary but now he was wearing a star trek uniform. I sat down and some guy began to randomly pick people out of the crowd to give words. I was the third one he chose and heard the Lord say 'power'. SO I asked Him what about power and this is what He said,

“When I confront a dead thing with MY power there will be life. When you confront a dead thing with MY power there will be life. When you confront a dead thing in your power it was better left dead.”

Up to this point the man had just been holding the microphone for people to speak into, but I reached out to take it before speaking and coaxed him into giving it to me even though he didnt seem to want to. I shared what the Lord had told me, barely making it through because of the weeping that had come over me. I gave him back the mic and woke up.



Logan

No comments: