I had a dream this week. It starts out strange and ends strange, but everything in between makes sense.
I was with my husband and children seemingly after church and I knew I had to go do something at another church. It was a pleasant day outside so I decide to just ride this little toy car to the other church, not minding the breeze. When I got to where it was, I saw that there were steep sloped roads that led down to the back of the building. I remember trying to find a road that wouldn't be as treacherous. I made my way down there and parked in a grassy area on the right side of the bldg (if you were facing the front of it).
I went in the front doors and I was looking around for the people. I went up a staircase that kind of wound around. As I was going up I was noticing it was very traditional. It reminded me of an old courthouse or an old school. I noticed one of the beams supporting the staircase and it was something you would see in an antique structure. (nothing seemed broken down) I walked thru the bldg upstairs and passed a classroom where it seemed the people were having Sunday School. So I was thinking...there must be more people here if they are having Sunday School. So I went back downstairs to see if I could find the other people. I found them. The room that I would have to walk thru to exit the church was full of people. There were 2 long tables set up and there were people sitting on both sides of each table. I knew that they were very traditional church people but I was shocked as I looked around the room. They were all holding bottles of beer and they seemed to be having a party of sorts. This seemed to be more than a social drink. I was thinking....."what kind of church is this?" I was thinking that I had to get outside and find out the church name so I could let my leaders know and we could begin to pray. I started to leave down the right side of the room, but one of the church ladies wouldn't move her chair for me and motioned as if to say "go that way". I looked where she nodded and said "oh there's room down the middle." I was trying to be careful as to not offend anyone, knowing that these were very traditional church people. So I went down the middle, exited the bldg and began looking for the church name. I looked all over the front and left side of the bldg and all I could find was a little sign that said City Hall. I was thinking to myself...."What? Is City Hall letting this church use their bldg?"
I went back to the grassy area on the right side of the bldg and a very nice young man was over there washing something....like maybe a car....he had a water hose. He was enjoying the humor of me trying to find my car and then me realizing that all I drove was a little toy car and it was now night time. When I accepted the fact that I was going to have to head back on this little car, I said "what was your name?" The person walked over to me....it was now a girl....and she said these words. "Sean Conory. It used to be a worldly name,....." and gestured as if to say "but we redeemed it".
I know nothing about movies or actors or actresses.....but after waking up...I told my husband about the dream. He explained that Sean Conory movies were largely responsible for bringing sexual junk on the screens. They took the limits to a new level.
Saturday, August 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment