Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A few years back at an apostolic and prophetic conference from the southeast. There were young people ages 18-31. They were quite gifted but I was alarmed by the female leader so often saying; "Every time I see a young person with dyed, spiked hair, peircings and tatoos I see a possibel warrior for Christ!" Fine. But this same "apostle, leader" also judged me as being narrow-minded simply because I was a white, middle-aged man who had served in the military.

While I have great hope for our young people we must not saddle them with unrealistic expectations.

I believe the current crop of young Christians are about to enter an important time of testing. They have attended "The Calls", sang the songs, and declared their fierce idealism, but they are still young, still human, and God is still not a respecter of persons.
I hope and pray that they are the "eleventh-hour workers" that can fight and work hard, called to fields white for harvest. But their destiny is not pre-destined. They have to work it out like everyone else.

No comments: