Friday, February 9, 2007

As I was studying the Isaiah 40:31 comment I made on the previous post, I discovered something interesting when it comes to the word "waiting" on the Lord. The Hebrew word used here for "wait" is Qavah which also carryies with it the idea of "expectancy" according to the lexicons I used. Thus when we wait, we wait with expectancy of God's presence and purpose to break in upon our lives. The lexicon also says the word has a probable root meaning of "binding" or "twisting" or to bind these thoughts together, "binding together by twisting", similar to that of a rope. This also carries with it the idea of "tension" and "enduring". Thus, if you apply this spiritually, when we wait on the Lord we are "bound together" with HIM (as a cord of three strands perhaps), and through this process we feel the tension that comes from our "waiting", "enduring", "binding" which by default takes out the slacking areas of our life. Perhaps the Lord is saying to our region that we should continue to "wait", "endure", and "be bound together" with HIM in the place of prayer during this season, all with faithful expectancy of a coming outpouring.

1 comment:

crane said...

Steve I was told that just this morning they have found the foundation of Solomons temple. Your word is right on and confirms what the Lord is saying to me as well. Let us all keep waiting on the Lord.

Fred