Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Saturday night I had a very brief dream. In it a doctor clad in a typical white smock was ordering that Jesus receive a full C.A.T scan. I saw Jesus lying flat on His back with His arms out to His sides, feet placed one over the other and the crown of thorns on His head. He was about to go into the C.A.T scan machine. That was it. I felt like the Lord was speaking volumes through this dream. I felt as though the doctor represented a very analytical form of both Christianity and world's view Christianity. He represented the kind of christian/ world view that seeks to understand the scriptures with their minds. The doctor represented a kind of christian/ world view that seeks to dissect the life of Jesus but still refuses to fully accept Him. I felt this dream was an encouragement wrapped in a warning. In this day, in large portions of the church in the west there is precious little that distinguishes us as Christians. Many professing Christians essentially maintain the same "safe distance" from Jesus as the world does. There may even people involved with this blog who have portions of their lives that they keep a "safe distance" from Jesus. This is not an indictment but rather a call to remove the white smocks that cover us, even if it is just a part of us and abide fully in Him. No longer can we as Christians get by with nor will the world be satisfied with "examining" Jesus from afar. No longer will revelation pasted to us in books and messages nor reports given to us from the media pacify us or the the unsaved world. There is an emerging hunger in this world that both saved and unsaved alike are experiencing that no amount of analytical dissection of Christ will satisfy. So in short, church, stop over analyzing our Lord and surrender to Him. Let the world see your surrendered life. Let them see the still beating heart of Jesus in you. Some things only become clear when we are submersed in Him and He in us.

1 comment:

angie said...

I read this post a few days ago and have found myself thinking of it often. The thought is Jesus was wearing the crown of thorns, in part I believe the dissection is the anti-christ spirit that tries to deny the power of Jesus as the Christ, as does the world, and sadly Christians who deny the power to live a resurrected life!
angie homan