Sunday, September 16, 2007
Pride and unity
I had a dream last night about the church. The people were all in a school room setting in which we were being equipped to move forward. We had journals where we would write things down and leaders over us for accountability. Several of us were in the process of moving to a new building, and it was a strain to stay together and keep up with others with our journals, however we managed to press in still. One of my jobs was to help move 2 huge racks of clothing from one building to the other. One at a time I moved them, under each one was a huge giant snake. One almost looked dead, but there was still life in it. The other was ferocious and ugly. I started moving the clothing racks over to the other building and my body was floating above the snake as I prayed in the spirit and said the 22 word Lou Engle prayer for God to end abortion and send revival. After we successfully moved the clothing racks behind the new church door, I was in a spiritual class and received a phone call from someone very important, an elder. This was someone I hadn't met before yet in non dreamy land. They asked me to dance for the 2 and 4 year olds and to bring all the kids. I agreed and got back to class. Then my mom and several other people who are not saved came into the new building. The dream ended. As soon as I woke up I felt like God said that the snakes were pride and unity in the church. I'm not sure which one was which. But I strongly feel that individuals in the church need to humble themselves, and not be challenged by pride, but to confidently combat pride with humility. By challenged I mean that when they see it in other people and feel intimidated, they will be equipped with a new boldness to walk in humilty and see change in themselves and others around them. The other snake, the unity one, I felt like we need to do more to unify the body in works and not just in prayers. The prayers will not only change the atmosphere and our own hearts to desire unity, but will open the door to works in which we must walk through. As a result, the harvest will come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment