It is my hope to build upon a few things that have been shared thru a few of the last blog entries. Also to share as God has dealt with my heart personally in these things that it His will for me to share with you today the Word of the Lord also.
Exodus 32:1 Now when the people saw that Moses delayed coming down from the mountain, the people gathered together to Aaron, and said to him, "Come, make us gods that shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man who brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him."
As I read this verse yesterday the Holy Spirit revealed how our own hearts often say the same as the children of Egypt. I myself had asked, "Why are you delaying God, where are you God?" And frankly had become careless in my pursuit of Him. The children of Israel had lost their vision, had lost the Word, the promise of God to bring them to their Promised Land flowing with milk and honey. Where are you God? We cannot see Moses/vision? You brought us out here, You have said to us/me of great destiny of great promises? Why are you delaying?
The Lord than spoke to me this morning and said,"Why are you scared?" As I sat before the Lord I knew only He knew the secrets of my heart, even better than I. So I asked of Him, why was I scared? It is as the children of Israel. My heart, the vision had grown faint. Though I claimed the vision, though I still believe in the vision, I have not been mixing faith with the vision. Remember it is the aggressive that take the Kingdom.
In 1 Cor 10:5 Paul is speaking of the children of Israel and says , "but with most of them God was not well pleased...." for we can only please God by faith.
The Lord so rich in Grace and Mercy!, continued with the dealing of my heart by bringing to my thoughts of a scripture I have turned to and pondered on often. Acts 24:16, again Paul is speaking and says to Felix, "I myself always strive to have a conscience without offense toward God and man."
Holy Spirit reminded me "I" am a spirit, and God is the Father of spirits. Paul was speaking of himself as a spirit, not a carnal man.(or else Paul would be talking about the works of the flesh, contrary to the gospel of Jesus) Our offense toward God is when we try to walk out of the spiritual realm(as did the children of Israel) and turn to the natural realm. For the Israel kids, ate the same spiritual food and drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them. Yet when there was delay they quickly turned, as we are told by the Word.
As Father asked me, "why are you scared?" He says, "why are you scared?" His response is the same to all of us, as it was to me, "Know Me."
We need to know Him, His Word, intimately. That is by the way of Holy Spirit, the oil. As He has placed in Jack the ministry burden of prophetic evangelism, as He has placed in John the ministry burden of prayer, they await the vision to come to pass. Those ministries within them will only come to greater fruition thru them as they are filled with the oil of the Holy Spirit. As a promise seems delayed, get/be prepared. Me, angie, had grown weary from striving for the imperishable(spiritual)crown, the vision. In my natural mind I could not understand why things weren't happening. I was striving, but not spiritually, physically. With my natural mind I began reading the Word, trying to understand, spending time with God, but somewhere I forgot to worship Him in spirit, hear with my spirit ears, see with my spirit eyes, and then, only then would my sinful nature align. Know wonder vision was being lost, me, angie was looking with the wrong set of eyes!! (I sure hope this helps someone!)
"I" is not always a bad term, though as the church we have labled it bad. Truely we are spirits, children of God, Father of spirits. As we strive to hear and see, only can we by the spirit, what Father is doing, then the will the fear of delay, discoruagement, disappointment fade away and peace and joy and victory over flesh and over circumstances will be found. Halleleujah.
As John said manyof us are awaiting with a knowing that God is up to something, be of good courage the for God awaits to share His secrets with those who are seeking, worshipping in Spirit and in truth. For our Father is a giver of good gifts.
In His intense wonderous love for us!, angie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Angie I want to let you know that that your posting spoke an important word to me and that word is focus. Pastor Larry spoke of focus this past Sunday and it has been the topic of many conversations I have had lately. My prayer is that others hear from God what you are saying in this post. Outside the Spirit there is only disappointment for the children of God.
ANGIE I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT WAS A MUCH NEEDED WORD FOR MYSELF... THANK YOU....
THANK YOU GOD ..FOR SPEAKING TO ANGIE AND TO ALL OF US , EVEN WHEN WE ARENT LISTENING WITH THE RIGHT EARS!!!
BE BLESSED , JUST AS I HAVE BEEN BY YOUR OBEDIANCE!!
MOLLY
Post a Comment