Saturday, November 10, 2007

Would that be in heaven?

A couple of nights ago, my son went to my mom's for the day. As we were leaving, she thought it would be cute to show him an email she received about a British car advertisement being pulled from the air due to a ghostly mist that strangely appears on the screen beside this car. I have seen this before, and did not like it at all. I didn't want her to show it to him, but I have to admit, before I said anything to stop it, it was too late. Some crazy loon jumped out from behind the scenes and scared the tar out of my son. My mother thought it was halarious of course, but me and my son did not. It really shook my son up. I was not happy about it, and I'm trying to get her to realize how we're trying to live our lives differently. This was the first year I didn't let her take him trick or treating.

Despite how I felt, I soon realized that the ride home would bring new revelations sparked by Holy Spirit using my son. He held in his emotions till he got in the car, and when he got to where it was just us, he let it loose. He told me that if I didn't let him come here, he wouldn't have seen that, and many other comments that were induced by the fear that suddenly overwhelmed him. I thank God that He directs us in times like these. I was able to use the Word of God to explain to Jordan what happened, why his grandma thought it was funny, and show him how he can overcome his fear because greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world.

Then, in his childlike faith, knowing the answer already, asked if things like that were in heaven. It's like a lightbulb just went off inside of me. I told him of course not, and that so many times we put ourselves in compromise to not make anyone mad or offend anyone for having different beliefs. So, for the past few days, God's given me the ability to see things differently, as if with a new set of eyes. Discernment has increased as I look at the things around me and decide if they really are pleasing to God, if He would really allow that in heaven. So many times we entertain ourselves with things that would not be in heaven. We're compromising. And doing so, we're losing out on so much of what God wants for us. The more we compromise, the more we're pushing away from us what God is trying to give to us.

So, I prophesy to this region that you will not be a people who compromise. You will be a people who are given new eyes to see things as they really are, with increased levels of discernment. You will be a people with big ears to hear God's voice, and new hearts to receive awesome new revelations straight from heaven. You will be a people who understand what it means to pray "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done". You will be a people who are set apart, holy, concecrated, and known for your love. You will be a people who desire God more than anything else. You will be a people who are in this world and not of it.

Audrey Perry

No comments: